Few Pics from Our July 4th weekend

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a camper that stays year round at a private campgrounds close to the lewis & clark resi by yankton, SD. I spend most summer weekends there, and here are a few shots with family and friends on the boat. :) Of course im taking all the pics haha. The camp grounds had a good local band that night and we participated in providing a great firework display, although I was too busy lighting them to get pics! :) It was a great weekend.

IMG_20150703_200124_zpsrzmuk8mz.jpg

IMG_20150704_010427_zpsmpv40p66.jpg

IMG_20150627_193217_zpsblb3qgox.jpg

IMG_20150627_210407_zpsbnvrakvt.jpg

IMG_20150627_205431_zpspr67iafv.jpg

IMG_20150627_212223_zpsijhmbssp.jpg

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Looks like all had a great time, no fireworks in my part of the country this year, just to darn dry!

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
That Celebrity has some nice hull lines. Bet it is smooth riding when out cruising or running water toys. That's one thing I learned earlyon....get a soft riding hull because around here the water is rough 80% of the time. Only time it's not is early in the AM.

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Funny you should say that, because I dont think this celebrity rides very well at all. The previous owner said how smooth it was and how it handles the waves great. IMO its rough riding, rocks and bangs you around over water I would think I should plow right through. Doesnt ride half as nice as my cousins 21' four winns liberator. It has me at a loss.

KnotConnected

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looks like a good time! The next best thing to being out on the water myself is looking at pictures of other people having fun!
What did you use for a camera in the water? I'd love to get a shot like that of my boat on the hook, but really don't want to risk jumping in with my cellphone

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Looks like a good time! The next best thing to being out on the water myself is looking at pictures of other people having fun!
What did you use for a camera in the water? I'd love to get a shot like that of my boat on the hook, but really don't want to risk jumping in with my cellphone

Well maybe you and I have a different definition of smooth riding. To me it's being able to stay in the seat. A mono hull that has a deep V and good deadrise at the transom has nothing for lateral stability, so it will rock. But rocking was never a problem of mine, as a matter of fact, the boats I had back in the day of the bow rider tri-hull that had the best lateral stability, beat you to death the worst. Why? Because they had hard chines and a shallow V and no deadrise at the transom, all of which are attributes of a soft ride.

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Haha I may have over exaggerated desires of a smooth ride. Everyone else thinks it rides great.

I just had my cell phone handed to me once I was in the water. The surface was like glass that night other us moving around so I figured what better of a time than now to snap some pictures I've always wanted to get.

boatman37

Lieutenant
just to add to the phone in the water concerns, my daughter bought a lifeproof case for her iphone and went cliff diving in Wales and kept it on her the whole time. heck, she even used to take it in the shower with her to listen to music...lol