ferry loses power, crashes into marina (canada)

salty87

Commander
Re: ferry loses power, crashes into marina (canada)

ferry_crash050630.jpg

QC

Supreme Mariner

OMG. I've been there before. What a shame. I just pray nobody is under that thing. Like salty, the thought of this unfolding just blows my mind. :(

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yikes :eek: Looks like a tragic loss of boats...I hope the Horseshoe is lucky and there are no people killed... :(

NYMINUTE

Captain

Wow, theres a tragedy. That is quite a mess.

CATransplant

Admiral

Serious thing, but they should have known better than to hang one of those old Dockbuster Mercury outboards on that ferry.

brother chris

Commander

They just got the ferry unloaded after 8 hours. <br />Apparently the ferry lost power and could only drift. <br />The captain made a choice, either slam into the ferry terminal(which is really hard...you know...made of concrete and such), or slowly coast into a marina and squash 20 sailboats and yachts. <br />No-one was hurt. Up here in Canada we still use oars. It was not going very fast. :rolleyes: <br />It was also the start of our long weekend(Canada Day tomorrow and all), so alot of people were getting a head start for the weekend. Not this time eh.<br />At least no-one was hurt. :D

QC

Supreme Mariner

I have been wondering about this all day. Sounds like the skipper made the right decision. Of course that's not reported in the TV news, which is where I was looking for an update. Silly me . . . :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Quietcat:<br /> I have been wondering about this all day. Sounds like the skipper made the right decision. Of course that's not reported in the TV news, which is where I was looking for an update. Silly me . . . :D
YUP.. some of our best Allis and our local news wont cover them.. <br />This really gets my goat if you will..<br />I like my Canuck brothers and sisters.. as they say we are all part of North America. BTDT 20 years ago..