Fender Red Lights out.....

thefoyboy

Cadet
Okay, I did not have time to look at this today, but thought I would post it here and see if someone has a quick answer. When I was checking my trailer lights after pulling the boat out today, I noticed that neither of my red lights on the rear of both wheel covers was lit, yet all other marker lights and taillights worked. Any ideas besides possibly a simple loose wire which I am hoping it is. I am asking in case it is not simple. Thanks in advance.

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fender Red Lights out.....

If those two lights have mounting studs, check that the studs make good clean bare metal ground connections to the fenders and that the fenders do the same to the trailer frame. Water and stuff kicking up from the tires may have caused corrosion and loss of the ground connection.<br /><br />If there's no mounting studs, then there's usually a plug connection - make sure the plug contacts are clean and the plug is firmly inserted.<br /><br />If the fenders are plastic, then there's usually a wire with a ring lug connected to the trailer frame. Make sure the ring lug makes good clean bare metal ground connections to the trailer frame.<br /><br />Good luck.