FEMA Head Mike Brown Resigns

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Just announced on CNN<br /><br />EDIT: rodbolt, you and the others on the Atlantic coast are on your own dealing with Ophelia.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: FEMA Head Mike Brown Resigns

Not surprising, I hope their are more resignations on the state and local level.<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

That will have them dancing in the streets. FEMA will react much faster now! :rolleyes:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

That is just like a bus full of lawyers going off a cliff.<br /><br />[no offense intended to any boating lawyers]

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

boatbuoy<br /> gee thanks a lot.<br /> :) <br /> I am watching a very odd pattern on this storm. it will be well over the gulfstream where the water is about 81*F.<br /> could make for a mess.<br /> I have stocked up on most my supplies, only thing I gotta get now is a supply of injestable disinfectants and the ingredients to make them palatable.<br /> but it is one of the few mid-atlantic storms I have seen that moved wsw.<br /> I dont mind Brown resigning, I just wish I could figgure out how to make some of our local bumblers do the same.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Rodbolt,<br /><br />Good luck in Kitty Hawk! That's one of my favorite places. I love NC. Spent many family vacations camping on the Outer Banks. I remember staying at Salter Path camp ground right on the water behind the dunes. Hanging out in the evening surf casting.... I think its all high rise condos and the like now, isn't it? All those miles and miles of empty beach are all built up now. Such a shame. Wouldn't be nearly such a big shame if I had thought to buy some for myself! :D

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I with you mark42. but I still have my woods back here, even though they paved the road 5 years ago and started building houses. the stretch from kitty hawk to corrala is about solid plywood hotels now. dang tourist are so rude I hide in the woods on the weekends.<br /> but I am about to be overrun so I placed my woods on the market, hate to do it. its been home to my family since 1885.