Feedback - Excellent Advice For First Timers

MarkAB

Seaman Apprentice
JB - I know you encourage feedback and possibly my experiences may assist some other first time boat owners. The great advice and vast amount of information I have had access to via these forums has truly been invaluable.<br /><br />I have been able to get my 10ft tri hull to plane under load with an 8hp by simply doing the following: (and in doing so have a totally different boat)<br /><br />*Ensuring motor is serviced and running to spec.<br />*Raising motor so cavitation plate is level with hull.<br />*Reducing propeller pitch from 9" to 8"<br />*Installing hydro foil.<br /><br />I have eventually reached the "satisfied" stage and am enjoying my boating.<br /><br />To all that have posted advice - THANK YOU!! :) :cool: :)

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Feedback - Excellent Advice For First Timers

I agree with MarkAB, as a new boat owner I have learned a ton of information in 2 short weeks asking questions and reading the forums.<br /><br />Thanks guys & gals

dwci97

Seaman

this forum is full of information and humor. thanks everybody for the input into the topics.

jphoenig

Cadet

I too agree, couldn't have figured out my Sportjet problem without coming here!!!

Ralph 123

Captain

And don't forget, we solve all of America's problems in Dockside Chat :D <br /><br />Seriously, these forums exist to make boating more enjoyable for all. Don't forget to support iBoats by patronizing all the great vendors here. That is the best way to say thank you.

Mike Langianese

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Many times I read a thread and find it very informative, educational, amusing etc. While I don’t have anything to contribute to the thread but sometimes I think would like to acknowledge and thank the ones who posted. <br />Is there an acronym that can be used to say ---thanks, good post/question, I may not need this now but will someday? :) <br /><br />Or would it be a waste of space? :rolleyes: <br /><br />Mike