FASTSTRIKE 150 STALLS

T. MELTON

Cadet
I have a 94 faststrike 150 that for no reason or warning will just stall . I checked to see if it was firing and it was not . All 6 cylinders had no fire. Local shop installed new power pack & optic sensor. Still stalls , sometimes it won't fire on a cold start up and then it will just start and may run fine for a whole week end. <br /> Secondly, I am considering installing Boyesen reeds and I was wondering what will be involved in doing this ? Re-jetting, Timing,etc... Also can any one tell me the factory intermediate air bleed orfice size & idle air bleed orfice size ?<br /><br /> Thanks <br /> Tom

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: FASTSTRIKE 150 STALLS

If the shop just installed, then have them replace pack and sensor under warranty. Check the coils for arcing, check all ignition output voltages cranking rpms and running rpm engine under load. replace the ignition switch, check connectors between engine harness and control harness. If my boat with the combo ignition switch and emergency stop, I would graft in old style switch and emergency stop.

T. MELTON

Cadet
Re: FASTSTRIKE 150 STALLS

The shop put on another optic sensor and so far <br />so good. Thanks for your reply. Also does any one know about the Boyesen reeds & air bleed orfices on the carbs ?<br /> Thanks Again <br /> Tom