Faria gauges

Bski

Seaman
Has anyone ever had problems with Faria gauges?<br /><br />The tach in my last boat went out but they replaced it for free because of the lifetime warranty.<br /><br />The voltmeter gauge and my fuel gauge are acting up in this boat. Volmeter suddenly loses signal and if I tap on it with my finger it works fine. Fuel gauge seems to drop similar to voltmeter and then when I tap on it it comes back.<br /><br />I've checked all the wiring and even tested the voltmeter out of the boat.<br /><br />Probably end up calling their cust service and see if I can send them in for repair or replacement.

gspig

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Faria gauges

2 gauges having problems may indicate a bad ground. Take the gauges out of the panel and check the ground wires. You may even want to replace the grounds. <br /><br />I was having problems with my fuel gauge. After 2 gauges and 2 sending units and continuity tests of sending and tank ground, I found that the ground wire was oxidized inside the crimp connector that was attached to the tank.

Wart T

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Are those Faria guages part of an electronic cluster?

Bski

Seaman

They aren't part of a cluster, all individual. As far as the ground goes, I considered that and checked it a few times, seems okay. The voltmeter has been a problem since the boat was new 7 years ago, the fuel gauge just started acting up.