fantasy football help .. "keeper league"

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
was doing some early speculating on my Fantasy team for next season and was wondering at this point what you all might think about my 3 'keeper' players for this comming season.. <br /><br />I'm a bit miffed with this odd roster I ended up with at the end of last season.. and there's some tough comparisons.<br /><br />What do you all think my best 3 are at this point?<br /><br /><br />QB- Vinnie Testeverde DAL<br />QB- Bryon Leftwich JAC<br />QB- David Garrard JAC<br />QB- John Navarre ARI<br /><br />RB- Priest Holmes KC<br />RB- Larry Johnson KC<br />RB- Thomas Jones CHI<br />RB- Moe Williams MN<br />RB- Michael Bennett MN<br /><br />WR/TE- Deion Branch NE<br />WR/TE- Jeremy Shockey NYG<br />WR/TE- Jermaine Wiggins MN<br />WR/TE- Plaxico Burress PIT<br />WR/TE- Brandon Stokley IND<br />WR/TE- Nate Burleson MN<br /><br />K- John Hall WAS<br />K- Jay Taylor TB<br /><br />DEF/ST- Minnesota<br />DEF/ST- New England<br /><br />If you're wondering I finished middle of the pack last season at 5th in a 10 team league..<br /><br />thanks for your opinions guys/gals.

mattttt25

Commander
Re: fantasy football help .. "keeper league"

leftwhich<br />the priest<br />branch<br /><br />that's just after a quick look.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

thnx Matt .. <br /><br />what's your thoughts on the Priest and his longevity concerning last years mid-season fiasco?? .. just glad I was conscious enough to pick up Johnson off waiver when I could!

mattttt25

Commander

actually, glad i looked at this again. changing my opinion. my keepers would be<br /><br />leftwhich<br />the priest<br />burleson<br /><br />the priest is still arguably the best rb in the league. he'll produce as long as he stays healthy. you simply have to keep him. you don't not keep a player like that. but you need johnson as well. shouldn't be too many people in your league drafting him early, but you really need him as a handcuff. you'll probably have to waste a pick in the middle rounds to ensure you get him.<br /><br />i like branch, but his numbers as a whole are not that great. i had a brain fart and forgot that moss is gone. burleson is now #1 and has shown he can play as that. he could have a breakout year, especially with a daunte who is relaxed now that he doesn't have to deal with randy.<br /><br />i said leftwhich simply because he is the best of a weak group of qb's you have. you have to figure most teams will keep their best, so even in the draft, you won't have much a chance to get a stellar one.<br /><br />go with those keepers and take the best rb and wr out there in the first two rounds, unless something crazy happens and manning is on the table (yeah right). btw, i like anquan coming back with a super strong year at wr.