False Teeth!

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade
OK, here goes. I had all my teeth out today and false teeth fitted. My mouth has been the scene of many a hiding and that coupled with disease made me face the fact that I couldn't keep the real ones anymore.<br />On the up side I'm chuffed. This is like a godsend to me. No more pain, no more surgery, no more ugly teeth.<br />Anybody else out there who has the removable set?<br />What can you not eat?<br />Ross

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: False Teeth!

My older brother has full plates, Ross, and considers himself fortunate.<br /><br />I had the very good fortune to have sound jaw and roots under my crumbling dentition so I got permanent crowns on all behind the cuspids. Incisors and cuspids were okay.<br /><br />Expensive, but absolutely the best investment I ever made. It's like being 21 again. :) <br /><br />Gum is forbidden (I never liked the stuff, anyway) but anything else I fancy is okay. <br /><br /><br />You will be amazed at how much stronger your confidence will be at the dinner table or the barbie.<br /><br />Congratulations. :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Good morning Ross & JB,<br /><br />My family has a bad history of dental problems. Both my parents, sisters, and brother have dentures. Both my parents have been long gone but I remember my dad never having problems his as mom always had problems with hers. Each had a diffent doctor. Siblings seem to be okay, they don't talk much about it.<br /><br />I still have most of my original teeth and doing the most that I can to keep them. My wife has full dentures and has minor problems to their fit. However she still can eat just about anything she sinks her teeth into.<br /><br />JB, try chewing sugarless gum. I do have a partial plate and the sugarless doesn't stick to it.<br /><br />Good Luck Ross, it will just take some time getting use to.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

i had all mine yanked two years ago the pain i sufferd every min of every day is gone i still can't eat with my fake ones vary good but it's more the plastic on the roof of my mouth then anything most people that didn't know me before even know there dentures and after many years of not smileing and everyone thinking i was grumpy all the time i actully smile once in a while now and you can take them out and make some of the most discusting faces you've ever seen good luck i did take a bite out of a apple the other day that was a first and chocolet dosent hurt like heck anymore i love chocolet can't spell it but i like it

crab bait

Captain

sure wish we had a 'third' set.. most/all was when i was a kid.. well, i chewd' skoal .. in EVERY SECOND of my wakin' life ( an sometimes went to sleep with it )<br /><br />had an absist tooth removed.. dentist gave me an oral examime first .. he rooted around an JUMP BACK.. <br /><br />'do you chew" he said.. yup,,for 22 years..<br />'it don't look good,, cancer,, have to take an send a sample'.. <br /><br />came back negitive..<br /><br />but i quit in the meantime.. even wrote the denist a letter.. tellin' him if'n true or not,, he's the best friend i ever had..<br /><br />well,, the union i belong,, has great insurance an i made a deal with myself ..if i quit,, i'll get my teeth fixed.. an i did.. [ never considered it before.. whats the use,, i chew'd ] ...<br /><br />got every tooth in my head capped except for the front bottoms.. <br /><br />boy,, it sure is nice to smile again..!!<br /><br />you wait ROSS,, you'll luv it..!!

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well, I have to learn to chew properly when the discomfort quietens down a bit. I'm generally comfortable, it's just too soon yet and I'm a trier when it comes to getting well after ops and procedures. Just ask my wife!<br />I lost a good friend the day after my extraction and wouldn't have missed her memorial and funeral for anything, the quack gave me some extra pain relief and I even managed a speech and wrote the eulogy for the service. Not bad for an agnostic eh!<br />Off collecting timber this weekend so will catch up with you next week. I just hope this good weather holds out till next week.<br />Ross

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I had my tops done about 13 years ago and i need to get my bottoms done but I hate the dentist chair so i will wait till i can't stand it any more.it takes getting used to eating and talking I still find my self mumbling. I can eat about anything but some gum really makes a mess of them and is a pain to clean off.