Extremely Bummed

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Two weeks ago thursday my wife went in to have a lump removed from her breast. This was her 3rd surgery. The surgery itself went as good as expected except for the actions of the anathieseologist. During the removal of the tubes, he bruised her throat and her tonsils. She made a formal complaint on this doctor.<br /><br />I feel that this doctor assulted my wife. She has had several other surgeries that this has never happened. Yesterday she went to have the stitches removed and to get a report on the lump that was removed. Bad news, cancer cells were found. :( We are hoping an praying that he was able to remove all of it.<br /><br />My wife then told him about the anathieseologist doctor hurting her throat. He told her that doctor had also hurt 3 others that day. According to research my wife had done on the dangers of being put to sleep, she found that what happened to her is very rare.<br /><br />To me it seems that this doc should have assult charges rendered upon him. He did not follow procedure. He also put my wife under before any monitors were hooked up to her. She said she remembers the nurse telling the doc that they were not ready for her to be put asleep yet. He did anyway.<br /><br />Man ole man, what does a person do? :( Then now with the results of the surgery with them finding cancer cells has me really bummed out. The best thing now is that they have caught it early.<br /><br />BTW, this doc has other complaints against him before her surgery. I just wonder how many that he has hurt. He is a foriegn doc as well.

D

DJ

Re: Extremely Bummed

SS.<br /><br />I hope we don't part company on this subject. <br /><br />But.<br /><br />Your wife had cancerous cells removed. Cancer is a frightening word/disease/thought.<br /><br />Get your mind off of the health care providers and start praying for your wife.<br /><br />The actions of the health care providers had NOTHING to do with the cancer. The cancer has the possibility of KILLING her, not a slight mistake.<br /><br />Keep your head straight and DON'T listen to lawyers.<br /><br />My prayers are with you. You can COUNT on that.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Thanks DJ<br /><br />I just don't want anyone else hurt by this guy. I know that in due time his own stupidity will catch up with him. My wife works for the same health care facility and has built up lots of respect by her co-workers.<br /><br />My wife is still going to school to become an RN, so she is up to date on what has to be done to prevent further progression.<br /><br />Don't worry about parting ways DJ, we've known each other somewhat for quiet awhile now. I respect what you have to say. Thanks

D

DJ

SS,<br /><br />My prayers are with you. I'll tell the Mrs. about it as soon as she gets home.<br /><br />Keep the faith.<br /><br />Be well.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I hope all works out for her and you.<br /><br />For what you're going to pay this guy, mistakes are unforgivable. Here's the name and address of the Executive Director of the Ohio State Medical Board. Write him and tell him the particulars. Nothing will probably happen, but he may be notified of the letter which will put him on notice.<br /><br />NOTE: If you're going to involve a lawyer, forget the above.<br /><br />EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR<br /><br />Thomas A. Dilling <br />State Medical Board of Ohio<br />77 S. High St., 17th Floor<br />Columbus, OH 43215-6127

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Thanks BB, No attorney. We are not looking for compensation, just to make this doc aware that he is not performing as he should. I'll pass that address on to my wife to see what she wants to do.<br /><br />All I want to do is irriatate his throat!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

SS...Herself and I are just a spit away....if there's anything we can do....just hollar. Our best wishes for a full recovery from the beast within your wife. And that's just what it is....a beast.<br /><br />Jim<br /><br />EDIT: My Mom beat ovarian cancer just this past year. She was treated at Ohio University Medical Center through Camelot Womens Cancer Center in Columbus. I don't think she would have made it without them. If you want the number there, I can post it for you. My Mom still has it.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

SS<br />Sorry to hear the news about your wife. <br />My best wishes to both of you and my prayers for a full and fast recovery.<br /><br />Richard

Kenneth Brown

Captain

SS- You are the reason my "keep on" keeps on. You always seem to have a hard time yet you manage to stand tall and power through it. The best of luck to your wife and she'll be in my prayers tonight. Hang tight buddy.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

That is hard news...but medicine is pretty miraculous these days. And keeping a positive outlook is very important as well. Avoid the stress and negativity of focusing on the anaesthesiologist.<br /><br />My best wishes to you and your wife...and a prayer too.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Realgun

Commander

I hope and pray she beats the cancer as my wifes a nurse.

JasonB

Lieutenant

After a similar situation with my wife last year (her results came back negative and all traces of the suspected serious ailment dissappeared as soon as they appeared with no trace-I'm pretty sure I know how that happened) I partly understand where you are, but not completely. The part I know about is excruciating, but keep your head up and keep going. I'm praying for 'yall.

aspeck

Staff member

SS, the aspeck houshold is praying for you and your wife also. Keep your head up, and keep looking for the positive in everything, it will help.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Thanks everyone, your thoughts and prayers. They are greatly appreaciated. She is doing fine since it has been 2 weeks. She is back at school/work. Just hoping that the doc got all of it removed. Should know in 2 months. <br /><br />I was planning this weekend to spend it on the boat with her. However due to last nights forcast, I'm now really bummed. It seems SNOW is in the forcast for Sat/Sun. Do they make snow props for boats? I guess that is why I usually wait until the middle of May to launch. I'm now having flashbacks of those boats in Sweden that sunk on count of the ice. I don't think that is a worry for me. I can replace the boat, I can't replace my wife. <br /><br />Thanks again shipmates..you are a great crew! :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Too often it is about $$$ not healing. Was he in a hurry? Each patient is a customer, and that customer has a right to the best service possible. Did he do his best? Sounds like NO. Best wishes to you and your wife SS

LadyFish

Admiral

Maygloat, even with the best care in the world, there is always human error. Of course it dosen't make it right and your wife should not have had to suffer. Since the anathieseologist has had other complaints against him, he needs to be stopped or at the very least taught a better method. Your complaint to the hospital should be enough but you also might want to write a letter to the Chief of Surgery at the hospital to ensure something is being done about it. Then keep following up with him.<br /><br />My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife regarding her cancer for a successful outcome.

SoulWinner

Commander

SS,<br /><br />Do anything and everything you can to get bad thoughts out of your thougts and your wifes too. A positive attitude is essential here.<br /><br />Our prayers are with you.