Exploded Engin Veiws

700XC

Cadet
Does anyone know of a web site that has parts lists and exploded parts veiws of Merc motors?<br /> I also Have a old 20 Merc that is leaking pressure threw the crank case half's and I want to know if there is a spegetty gasket, Fiber gasket or the 2 half's are machined faces mached together. The motor will run but is a real pain to start and when pulling over you can see fuel bubbling threw the joint in the case. I am not sure of the year but it looks like it is from the late 60's. I onece found a site that had ser# listings that would match up the year of the motor does anyone know that site and a link to it?

Laddies

Banned
Re: Exploded Engin Veiws

Hey Polaris man, give us the serial number, I think all the older 20s were machined surfaces--Bob

700XC

Cadet

Thanks, I will get the Ser# in the am. I will post thanks.<br />What the heck do I do if the surfaces are machined, someone has put silicone sealer on the outside seam trying to stop the leak, yea right!!<br /> Back in the AM with numbers.<br />Thanks guys

Laddies

Banned

Loctite Master gastet kit or 514 or 518, the sealer used on snowmobile crankcases will also work

achris

More fish than mountain goat

They are machined surfaces, but some have a cork strip in a groove on one side (cover I think) and use Master Flange Sealer (Loctite product) to help seal it. You have no choice but to pull the powerhead and re-seal the crankcase. Sorry.<br /><br />Chris...............