Exhuast bellow problem?

shelala1999

Recruit
If the lower exhaust bellow is ripped on the bottom will that damage anything running the boat with it like that? Is the exhaust bellow hard ro replace?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Exhuast bellow problem?

yes allows water in. this needs to be in the i/o forum

45Auto

Commander

A ripped exhaust bellows will not hurt anything at all. It's full of water anyway. Only effect will be a little more noise at idle and on plane.

They can be a pain to replace without the proper tool (about $40) although it is possible.

Lots of people just replace them with an exhaust tube because they're easier to replace - like this -

http://www.iboats.com/Sierra_18_276...1240971--**********.757556395--view_id.172518

which does the same thing as a bellows except it isn't attached (just open to the water, like a ripped bellows ....) on the outdrive side.

boatguya1

Chief Petty Officer

A ripped exhaust bellows will not hurt anything at all. It's full of water anyway. Only effect will be a little more noise at idle and on plane.

They can be a pain to replace without the proper tool (about $40) although it is possible.

Lots of people just replace them with an exhaust tube because they're easier to replace - like this -

http://www.iboats.com/Sierra_18_276...1240971--**********.757556395--view_id.172518

which does the same thing as a bellows except it isn't attached (just open to the water, like a ripped bellows ....) on the outdrive side.

Correct answer. ^^^^^

James

MikDee

Banned

I agree completely, I'll third this :D

jakebrake

Petty Officer 1st Class

i'll not only fourth it, i'll do just that! yo mikdee! greetings from another keystone stater!

deves3000gt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i dont know what outdrive yu have but i have the mercrusier first gen and the bellow in only held on with on hose clamp. I had to take it off to replace the drive bellow the other day on it just poped off and back on. again It may be a differnt drive then yours. good luck

jakebrake

Petty Officer 1st Class

shelala1999;

as far as replacing with the "ehaust tube" (or whatever anyone would like to refer to it as), it is childs play to install....so easy a politician could do it...did I say that?

MikDee

Banned

i'll not only fourth it, i'll do just that! yo mikdee! greetings from another keystone stater!
Just found your note jake, Greetings to you as well, fellow keystoner! :D