evinrude

blowfish

Cadet
I have a evinrude 88 spl, does anyone now or have any info on it? Is it really a 90 hp.

JR

Seaman Apprentice
Re: evinrude

Hi,<br />Do you have a model #?<br /><br />With it I could tell you more about it.<br /><br />JR :cool:

blowfish

Cadet

:eek: Sorry, but I wouldnt even know where to look for #'s. I will say this, I baught this boat 6 yrs ago from a guy that really mistreated it, no tarp, floor rotted out<br />ect. Well I got the boat and have put alot of $$ into it. I moved 2 yrs ago to Omaha Neb (brrrrr) and now I back in Texas(hotter than Hell) well i had the boat in storage and now it will not run, well it will idle<br />but when i put it in gear, it dies. I called my boat guy down the road and he wants to put carb. kits in it @ a cost of 250.00. Is this to be expected and what can i do to avoid it in the future???? <br />PS the name matches my knowledge of boat motors!!!!

blowfish

Cadet

And I will look for #s, they must be on the motor?? Is it possible to get a book for this 88 spl Evinrude motor???

JR

Seaman Apprentice

Hi,<br />The serial # may be found on or near the mounting bracket, if it isn't there look onthr power hear for a casting plug with the numbers on it. (It looks like a freeze plug.)<br />You should be able to locate a manual in the net. <br /><br />Slats :cool:

clanton

Rear Admiral

Are they paying marine mechanics 100.00 hour in Texas? The omc carb kits are under 20.00, it takes 2. The 88 is a no frills V4.