Evinrude Identification

LuvMyNymph

Cadet
Hi,<br /> I'm new to this board and fairly new to boating. I just bought an Evinrude that I and the previous owner believe is an 18hp. The model number is 18502S-E06863 and I'd like to get any infor I can about it and where I can find this info. Thanks All.

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Evinrude Identification

Luv...<br /><br />Your Evinrude is a 1965 Fastwin 18 h.p. standard length shaft. It should run nicely using a 50:1 fuel/oil ratio. Be sure to always burn fresh 87 octane (non-alcohol additive) gasoline and a good quality TC-W3 2 stroke oil.<br /><br />Walt

Walter

Oh shoot...where are my manners? Allow me to not only welcome you to the board but to the fabulous world of power boating as well.<br /><br />Walt

LuvMyNymph

Cadet

Hi Walter,<br /><br /> Thank You very much for the Id and for the ratio mix. And Thanks for the welcom. From the other posts I've read here this place seems great!! My best friend got me hooked on boating and I love my 14' Sea Nymph (hence the name). I work third shift and now have been taking my Nymph to work to go fishing after I get out at 6am. My wife just shakes her head. <br /><br /> Thanks Again!! Its great to know I don't have to be in the dark.

Walter

Oh...so THAT'S the inspiration behind the name. Your boat... Uh, huh...sure. (wink, wink!) I was in love with a Nymph once...but that's a topic for a whole other subject and we ain't goin' there!!<br /><br />As a new boater, you too will soon discover a few hours spent on the water can do more good for the mind and body than a month in the gym or shrink's couch!<br /><br />Administration is working on setting up a board that members can visit for answers to frequently asked questions. Hopefully this will be a reality soon... New memebers such as yourself will have A LOT of good information readily available to you. As for a manual...OEM repair manuals for your motor are available, but I don't know exactly how to obtain one. Some guys use Seloc or Clymer outboard repair manuals but they cover so many different engine models and years that I've found them to be marginally useful.<br /><br />Enjoy your new boat! <br /><br />Walt