Evinrude fuel problems

Rick B

Cadet
Hello,<br /> I have a fuel problem with my '96 Evinrude 150 v6 looper. It seems that there is no fuel being sucked into the vapor seperator. Engine runs fine when I use bulb to pump fuel into seperator, but when fuel in seperator runs out engine stalls. Fuel lines to pump are fine, no restrictions. Fuel pump is new ( had same problem with old pump). Compression checks out ok, and carbs are clear. When fuel pump runs dry hear a ticking sound until I pump primer bulb and engine will continue running. When I remove fuel inlet hose at filter into seperator, I feel no suction. I have narrowed everything down to this, and I am stumped as to why there is no fuel being pumped into seperator. Besides the fuel pump, is there anything else that assists in fuel being delivered to vapor seperator. Please help!!<br />Thanks

angus63

Captain
Re: Evinrude fuel problems

Use a remote tank to eliminate fuel pump. Common problems are venting, antisiphon valve, pickup tube, air leaks, clogged separator, leaky clamps.... Work your way back from the VRO and you'll eventually find the problem.<br />Good Luck