evinrude e-crap

olm

Seaman
sorry but i just had to take a shot. dont know what else to do. Two blown powerheads all kinds of bugs, motors that wont run and this after 35k spent to not have these problem. Brp says we will just keep fixing them, that what you have warranty for. I say good riddens. Every time I have tried to use my boat since I have had these motors I have had some kind of problem. no one will go with me anymore wife and kinds would rather saty ashore that to spend hours idling back. They did get me back, got to give them credit for somthing.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: evinrude e-crap

New motors don't just blow-up. Especially twins (I assume from your post). At the same time? Twice? What are the odds? Either you're doing something wrong, or the dealer did.

JRJ

Commander

What brand are you going to buy next? I would have gotten rid of them already. Good luck.

gss036

Commander

It would nice if you would tell what you are talking about. What kind of MOTOR/S. What is happening.

olm

Seaman

sorry first things first, twin 250 e-craps on 28 foot boat, two blown power headsnot at the same time port 10 hours starboard 56 hours. Then came the crank possition sensor debocle, took serveral techs weeks to resolve the issue. lower unit was broken during this instance. then the gauge problem and now the motor shuts down for no reason problem. every time this happens I have to take off work go to Take the boat off lift put on trailer take to shop and repeat on the way back. I didnt sign up for that.

reeldutch

Lieutenant

so why did the powerheads "blow " on you for.

there must be a cause did they, BRP figer out the powerhead failure?

im shure the techs were very happy to see some blown ph's

olm

Seaman

I dont know what actually caused them to blow up on did scater parts isnide the cauling. they cant find what is wrong now.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Duplicate post. See JohnnyRude Forum.