evinrude cruise-a-day gas can ?

Mr.Stuart

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I just picked up one of those old evinrude 6 gallon cruise-a-day gas cans, the can is in pretty good shape but needs all the gasgets replaced, any idea where to buy a gasget kit for one of these old tanks?

I bought new hose and fittings for for it, but would like to clean it up before I start using it, I can make the gasgets, but being the lazy guy I am, I'd rather buy a gasget set for it if one can be found.

the tank is like the one in the picture

Stuart

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 0

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Re: evinrude cruise-a-day gas can ?

laingsoutboards.com

Mr.Stuart

laingsoutboards.com
I just looked, I must be missing something, I didn't see anything for that gas can, I saw stuff for a two line fuel tank, but nothing for the single line.

wbeaton

Commander

Can't you just get those gaskets from your local OMC/BRP dealer?

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Could have made them by now !!!

Mr.Stuart

nope, I'm at work, but I'm shure I got material around somewhere and will have a set made by tomorrow, or tonight when I get home :D

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Yep...gasket material from any auto store...just did a new top gasket myself..punch, ballpeen, scissors, razor blade..good for another 30 years..

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Yep...gasket material from any auto store...just did a new top gasket myself..punch, ballpeen, scissors, razor blade..good for another 30 years..
Best way in my opinion as well.

Mr.Stuart

I got it apart today, then had other projects to work on, I really have no need for it at the moment, still don't have a boat to put it in yet, so I figured while I was at it, I might as well bead blast it and give it a new paint job, once I find a boat to put all this stuff on and in, I should be pretty well set up.

Mr.Stuart

I was looking on the net for something else for the boat, (seems I have lots of boat projects going at once) I came across Crowley Marine's web page, and they have every part you could possibly ask for, for those old tanks, and it shows everything is available, so if I get reeeealy desperate, I know where to order stuff for the tank.

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer

I was looking on the net for something else for the boat, (seems I have lots of boat projects going at once) I came across Crowley Marine's web page, and they have every part you could possibly ask for, for those old tanks, and it shows everything is available, so if I get reeeealy desperate, I know where to order stuff for the tank.

I've ordered parts from Crowley Marine before and had good luck with them.