Evinrude 88SPL

blowfish

Cadet
VE88MSLESA<br />R 08291487<br /><br />Any info on this motor would be nice, is it really a 90hp, and what year make. Oil mix ect.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude 88SPL

You are correct. It is a 90 HP 1990 model. A very good motor. Use FRESH 87 octane and GOOD oil at a 50:1 mix.<br /><br />Good luck!

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer

dumasafish:<br /><br />VE88MSLESA<br /><br />V = Boat Builder<br /><br />E = Evinrude<br /><br />88 = 88 HP<br /><br />MS = Manual Tilt - Electric Start / Special<br /><br />L = 20" length<br /><br />ES = 1990<br /><br />A = Model Run / Suffix<br /><br /><br /> :cool:

blowfish

Cadet

but..but I put 1pt in six gal tank, and im not sure if its 50/1 mix???? oh ****, ****<br />please dont tell me i gotta rid of 12 gal's.<br />I changed back to the other rubber balloon<br />thingy (round thingy just off the gas tank<br />with hose attached, has an arrow ---> gas thadda way!, because the one I got at the local Mayberry WallMart was soft, and i herd it shuld be ferm, and it leaked. New plugs, gap at .30. Wax, i even talked to her, im going to take her out in the morrning as the ramp is only 2 1/2 miles from house, just moved..dont have to drive 15 miles anymore!<br />Is there a way to test the gas? And will it hurt it if its 100% mix? (motor). Question, what is the thing above the carb. that has a <br />tire air thingy, and a red turn knob.. valve? I guess i need a book on this thingy.<br />dont think it would do me anygood! I never got anything to run after i took it apart, so i dont. :D too many extra screws. Well im going to give it a go come sun up, Chris.

scupbaron

Recruit

...Red thingy is for running "engine tuner" through motor ...should be done every 100 hours with a plug change. Try to buy OMC oil and parts like a fuel line ...there is a quality difference. I owned an 88 special the same as yours. I got 2800 hours out of it and it still ran fine when i sold it. Used it daily, commercialy for 3 straight years. Maintenance is the key