Evinrude 6hp fisherman parts please

loiner1965

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Just restored to working order and it starts first pull and runs perfect but it as parts missing from the tiller . Unfortunately previous owners must have salvage the bits to fix other engines etc I require the spring and the plastic block etc.,. Basically it idles but the twist grip tends to return fully to the right which turns the engine off lol Or is they another way of holding the throttle open at the tick over point? Also need the gearbox drain and fill plug gaskets as I don't like reusing the old ones.... I like in the uk too Many thanks

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Many of us here in U.S. have those friction parts in our stash and could send them to you. We keep hearing about unavailability of parts in UK. Certainly there must be Evinrude dealers there someplace??? Seems like that would be a better option than paying postage from here.

loiner1965

Petty Officer 3rd Class
So far I have ordered a thermostat and gasket from the states as its easier in some respect. Obviously something's I can buy here but not all. In the uk everything is so expensive and makes restoring old motors like this in practical at times but I like to see old engines run like they use too

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Sounds like you are a candidate for the Antique Outboard Club www.aomci.org The 2014 membership directory shows 8 members in UK, along with about a zillion in Canada. But what I'm getting at here is that you can find most parts you need with a free want ad on the Webvertize pages on the above website. You don't have to be a member to use the ads.

I'll take a look to see if I have those parts if you want. Send me a PM. I know I don't have any extra drain plug gaskets on hand.

loiner1965

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi again Did you find any parts ? Had it ticking over for 20 mins in neutral and gear other day then it just crept past the no return point and cut out. Ticks over real smooth too.....