Evinrude 2hp Questions

mercrewser

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just picked this motor up and it runs like new. Its not pumping much water though, the pump has a permanent set to it. Questions are: How full should the lower gearcase be? (There is only one hole) What year is it? (Model #E2RCTD Ser#E0164336) Does any one have a part number for the pump kit? Also, what is the fuel mix ratio. I will buy a manual as soon as someone tells me the year!

mikeyzx2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Evinrude 2hp Questions

it's 1983 model, 50:1 (1 pint/6 gallons) <br />To drain and fill, flip it over to drain lube out. turn it back over with hole facing up and add lube till it appears at hole. go to ishopmarine.com and look up your model # for diagrams and parts list and prices

Paul Moir

Admiral

E Evinrude<br />2 2 hp<br />R Rope Start<br />CT '83<br />D Meaningless model run code.<br /><br />The date code works like this:<br />INTRODUCES<br />1234567890<br /><br />To fill the lower unit, lay the outboard so the oil plug hole faces up. Then dribble in oil until it overflows. Make sure there's no air-bubbles, and you're done. I think the capacity of that l/u is under 1 oz.<br />PN for the pump kit:<br />387362 from the dealer. Doesn't look like there's an aftermarket kit.<br /><br />Mix ratio is 50:1 87 octane gas to TC-W3 outboard oil.<br /><br />Good luck!<br /><br />EDIT: Dang nab it! Beaten again!

mikeyzx2

Chief Petty Officer

don't worry Paul, if that was an older motor you'd blow my doors off!