Evinrude 140 stalling and more info for Dhadley

chris thomas

Cadet
It's a VRO. Fuel is sometimes mixed old and fresh and sometimes old - I ran the tank dry yesterday. The 19 Starcraft Islander did go about 40 mph but now it down to 33 mph. The fuel mileage is about 1 mph at full throttle. The spark plugs look fine. I had the compresson checked and it was fine but the mechanic did not like the aftermarket carb rebuild gaskets. I use to own a automotive repair shop but these things are a little different.

thirdm

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Evinrude 140 stalling and more info for Dhadley

where do you keep getting more old fuel??<br /><br />just kidding, i understand what you mean about the automotive/marine difference though. has the engine been sitting for some time? i have had to rebuild two carbs in the last year (one boat and one jet ski) because i was having the same symptoms. both engines had sat for some time and "gunked" up. after disassembling them i realized why i was having problems. jet ski runs perfect now (actually gained 250-300 rpms), boat blew transmission - wasn't my boat anyway (but the **** thing ran good before it blew the tranny!!!!!!!!) personally, i would clean out the fuel tank and run some high octane gas through that sucker before i did anything else. - or as someone else in here will tell you - before you buy any new parts<br /><br />mason