Evinrude 140 - continuation - mail order ???

Neil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I started anothe rpost as my one from September 2002 was becoming to large.<br /><br />Thanks to 2K Boat, Dhadley and others there is now light at the end of the tunnel.<br /><br />The problem started after a rebuild. The engine ran like a dog and the mechanics swapped just about everything.<br /><br />Things improved when I checked my jets and I thought they were incorrectly located. I swapped them around so the idle was the (14) smallest and things impoved considerably.I had idle 30 and intermediate 14.<br /><br />It is still not running smooth. Idle constantly custs out and when going to WOT the engine gurgles and accelerates slowly.<br /><br />Following advice, I can confirm that the carbs are stamped 431833.<br /><br />I should have idle 45, intermediate 32 and high speed 59D.<br /><br />One problem I know have, where can I get hold of these jets mail order to Oman. Postage can't be much and I wouldn't expect the jets to be expensive either.<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />NG<br /><br />I have a 1987 140, engine no. 140tlcua

The Marine Doctor

Commander
Re: Evinrude 140 - continuation - mail order ???

Yes...the problem probebly lies with the low speed jets being too small. You can remove the jets...purchase a .032 drill and just drill them out.<br /><br />TMD

Neil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My trusted Jognson dealer has thrown confusion into the fire.<br /><br />I went to see if they could order these parts for me. They will try but it will take about 6 weeks! Quicker if someone could post from Greenland!<br /><br />Anyhow, they checked thier parts list and stated that the 45 and 59D should be fitted into a 86 120 Hp and the 32 jet is from a 155HP. They then started to say that the sizes all depend on left hand ports or right hand ports.<br /><br />Completely over my head. I just want to get some jets to try and I think those recommended to me are the ones needed.<br /><br />NG

93bronco

Ensign

here are the actual part #s<br />-<br />323151 no. 45 idle air bleed<br />320016 no. 32 intermediate <br />319831 no. 59D high speed<br />-<br />all 4 carbs are set up the same based on the carb #431883 which is a 140 carb.<br />apparently for your year they had 4 different carb set ups . 1 - for the 120 & 3 - for the 140.

Neil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

2K Boat, you da man!.<br /><br />Biq question. Is there anywhere where I can get these mail order to the middle east or UK quickly?<br /><br />My mechs don't have them in stock and will have to order. At this rate I miss out on a second boating season!<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />NG

93bronco

Ensign

your best bet is to deal with a company that ships overseas.<br />you should be able to find some doing a search.<br />-<br />you can sea if this is still active<br /><br />for europe, middle east, africa<br /> OMC Europe N.V. <br /> Pathoekeweg 120 <br /> 8000 Brugge, Belgium <br /> 32-50-44-6611

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

it cost some extra but I occasionally send parts to russia and venezeula. if you think you have determined the correct size then have a decent machinist drill the original jets out<br /> good luck<br />UPS will usually deliver anywhere in the world in 3 days

Neil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Gents,<br /><br />I am drawing blanks trying to get these jets. One possible solution in the UK can't get them for a couple of weeks.<br /><br />Is there anywhere or anyone in the US who will stock and ship to the middle East?<br /><br />NG

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

Ngriff.... <br /><br />323151 no. 45 idle air bleed<br />320016 no. 32 intermediate <br /><br />I have the above jets in stock but do not have the following jets.<br /><br />319831 no. 59D high speed<br /><br />I would think that some other member here would have them though. They're small enough to simply insert into a letter type envelope or small bubble pack so there should be no problem with shipping.<br /><br />Off the top of my head, I believe the prices on the jets are about $5.50 each (somewhere in that area). If interested in the ones I have (idle & intermediate), contact me at my e-mail address. ReevesJ32@aol.com

Neil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Joe,<br /><br />A very long response from me on your offer.<br /><br />I have found a good site in the UK WWW.bosunsmate.co.uk and the guy I spoke to can ship all the parts. 5 quid a jet though.<br /><br />I will order today and hopefully report back and close this long post. <br /><br />Thanks for the offer.<br /><br />NG