evinrude 112 sp firing on only three

mylin

Cadet
I have got a 1993 evinrude 112 sp that is running on only three out of four cylinders. There is no spark on the fourth cylinder. I have done a little home work and i have also learned from other topics on this sight that it could be one of three things, cdi box, stator, or timer base. Someone on this sight said that if the stator goes bad I lose all spark, and if the timer goes bad you lose spark to a bank of cylinders, and seeing i have already replaced the coil I thought for sure it was the nonretunable 100 dollar power pack. Nope. I ahve taken the assembly all apart and I still don't get any power from one coil. Any ideas would I don't have the money right now to spend at the dealer. One other thing My tach doesn't seem to work very well either, and at first when this problem ocured I thought it due to heat because it would run for a while perfect and then all of a sudden run on three. Now it daosn't run at all.

mylin

Cadet
Re: evinrude 112 sp firing on only three

I found that I do have voltage to every coil, by using a volt meter , but I don't know how much. Shouldn't I be getting spark?

mylin

Cadet
Re: evinrude 112 sp firing on only three

I really need help with this problem, any one that has any ideas i could use the help. :confused: