Evenrude 40hp. 2 cylender, Where is the impeller.

raemond

Cadet
l need to fit a new impeller and I dont know if its in the upper leg or lower leg, can anyone help me. A drawing would be nice, thanks in advance, Rae.

D

DJ

Re: Evenrude 40hp. 2 cylender, Where is the impeller.

raemond,<br /><br />Give us, model year, model # and Serial #.

raemond

Cadet

l dont know the year but thats the numbers on the engine. l have allready put a post up asking if anyone knows the year etc.<br />Serial no. B4536.<br />Mod. no. 406B65R1.

raemond

Cadet

Hooty told me today that my evinride is 76.<br />I am wondering is the impeller in the usual place<br />or not, any advice welcome.

Franki

Lieutenant Junior Grade

none of the motors I have had have had it in a non standard place.. <br /><br />usually you just drop the whole lower unit off from the leg.. (on a 40hp its the horrosontal seam about a foot and a half from the very bottom of the OB)<br /><br />I have an older evin 40, and its the same place on that as all the others, I think it unlikely they moved it up or down :)<br /><br />drop the gearcase, and the driveshaft will slide out of the leg.. look where the shaft goes into the lower unit and you will see the water pump housing.. take that off, and in it will be your impeller.<br /><br />I'd get a manual if this doesn't make sense.. (you should get one anyway actually)<br /><br />It might be an idea to get a OB mech to do it the first time and ask if you can watch.<br /><br />regards<br /><br />frank

raemond

Cadet

Thanks Frank,<br /><br />Thats where l thought it was, I'll have a go at the weekend. :) :)