Euopean countries have to keep email & phone records!!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Euopean countries have to keep email & phone records!!!

They already keep our phone records here in the USA. Dont know how long.<br /><br />On e-mail, I wonder if they will keep the contents of the e-mail, or just to whom and when the e-mail was sent.<br /><br />They still need a suppena to view them.<br /><br />Ken

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

it's the email I was concerned with....the numbers I knew they kept......<br /><br />still scary keeping all of our correspondence!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Yea, it is a bit worrysome. Remember the US gov is already watching and searching through your e-mail looking for key words.<br /><br />At least, last I heard they are still doing this.<br /><br />Ken

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I wonder if "they" are looking at our posts on iboats? txswinner might be in trouble. :D

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

maybe that's why he's leaving...they're coming and taking him away :D

ZmOz

Captain

A 6 year old could find an anonymous email account...let them keep records. It won't mean anything without a real person.<br /><br />I could drive around for 5 minutes with my laptop and find an open wireless internet connection, use it with a proxy server for another IP address, and do just about any bad thing I wanted on the internet. Nearly impossible to catch anyone who does this. They'd trace back the IP to some place in China.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

So ,they have their own version of the patriot act.At least they don't check out what books you read in the library,that is still uniquely american.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I do all my reading on the throne :D they'll never figure out what I read :D :D

EZLoader

Chief Petty Officer

Kelton, at my house we call it the library...calling it the throne would be too obvious since everyone around here knows I no longer maintain my royal standing and title. :D