ESKA Identification and Repair Help

Firejunkie

Recruit
Hello everyone, I am looking for some help identifying my ESKA brand outboard. Here is the information I have from the unit.

Motor Tag : T-634-07D

Model# is worn away but here is what I can make out. 11?2 B
Serial # 10186

I guessed at the third number and used a four to make the model #1142B. I looked on the recommended site to identify these motors. I could not find an Engine number with the -07D, just -07.
From what I can tell I have a 1965 Golden Jet 5hp. Can anyone help to verify this? I bought the motor with a small boat last year and used the motor for about a total of five hours. Then in the middle of running across the lake, it died. It would start for a minute or two and die again. Took a long time to get back to the dock.:facepalm: Since then it still will not stay running. It will fire and start for mere seconds. I wanted to fix this motor and continue to use it on my duck boat. Any suggestions and in formation would be greatly appreciated. I have read back two pages on the other posts in ESKA threads and have gotten some good information. Thanks for all that so far.

Firejunkie

Recruit
Re: ESKA Identification and Repair Help

Here are some pictures of the motor.

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 0
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 0

Firejunkie

Recruit

Couple more pictures.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 0
M

mrcrabs

looks like a Golden jet,

Firejunkie

Recruit

Mahty Maht,
Thanks for the link to a very good diaghram and parts list. What a huge help that will be! :)

I took the carb apart and cleaned it up last night. I also cleaned up the water cooling tube to the lower unit, put new gear lube in the lower unit, and just cleaned up the whole motor. What a difference! Tonight I'm going to try running the motor in a barrel, and set the carb settings.
I still have a few issues to tackle once I get this stuff taken care of. I have a gear housing gasket leaking, a shut off fuel fitting leaking, and need to find the female fuel fitting to hook on the remote fuel tank. Any ideas on where to find a good place to get parts for the lower unit?
You all have been a great help and I will let you know how the test run goes. Hopefully well!

taylortim55

Recruit

Mahty Maht,
Thanks for the link to a very good diaghram and parts list. What a huge help that will be! :)

I took the carb apart and cleaned it up last night. I also cleaned up the water cooling tube to the lower unit, put new gear lube in the lower unit, and just cleaned up the whole motor. What a difference! Tonight I'm going to try running the motor in a barrel, and set the carb settings.
I still have a few issues to tackle once I get this stuff taken care of. I have a gear housing gasket leaking, a shut off fuel fitting leaking, and need to find the female fuel fitting to hook on the remote fuel tank. Any ideas on where to find a good place to get parts for the lower unit?
You all have been a great help and I will let you know how the test run goes. Hopefully well!

make one out of cardboard??? go shadetree