ClassicOutboard
Cadet
Thread starter- Joined
- Mar 26, 2022
- Messages
- 6
Newbee to the forum, wanted to post pic's of an early Golden Jet I bought yesterday, kinda surprised how little info there is on the 600's, I see a lot of 500's when searching out info. I've always liked the crudeness of these early Eska's, this one is a model 1124 with a Power Products 635-01 mounted to it, I think this is first one I've come across using this variation of PP engines with the side carb. mounting to the crankcase. I'd love to find decals so I can restore it to it's former glory, but for now, it is a runner and I'll keep it that way until I can locate or have decals made.....Also wanted to say that I like all outboards and I know that these Eska's "are what they are", but I still do like the earliest ones they put out. I've owned a few over the years and have no complaints as long as normal maintenance is performed. I still have a 1970 5hp Eska I use once in a while. Also wanted to add, that if anyone here is need of info on these early Power Products engines, I still have my old parts books that cover almost all info needed (I did find out yesterday that I'm missing one page, of coarse the one I needed...lol, of the complete ignition assy's breakdown down, but have all the others).