eska 3.5hp questions/identification

i just got a new (to me) boat with an old 3.5hp eska motor, i need to know the year so i can mix the fuel correctly the model number is 1945-A and also it runs horribly, its hard to start finicky and seems to need major tuning. it has a lean-rich knob and i dont rlly know what that does and how to work it. any advice would be helpful.
thanks, brian

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: eska 3.5hp questions/identification

<any advice would be helpful>

There are reams of advice on exactly that subject below and in numerous preceding pages including websites where you can find your model # and associated data. Invest the time to study what already exists and THEN ask specific questions.

We'll be pleased to help you----after you've invested your own due diligence.

well i actually have been trying to find anything out since I got this motor, but i never find anything, maybe some names of websites would help. i really need to know because the moron i got this from never heard the word "fuel ratio" he just said to mix whatever and i would really enjoy taking my boat fishing without it acting up and not knowing the ratio. i can take pictures if that makes identification easier?

my b after changing up my search keywords i found that its a 1973:redface:, any advice on maybe tuning? or what that rich-lean knob does? also fuel ratio would be nice?

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class

<any advice on maybe tuning?>

Yes---do the research I spoke of---it's all here!

<or what that rich-lean knob does?>

It enriches or leans the fuel/air mixture admitted to the crankcase.

also fuel ratio would be nice?[/QUOTE]

24/1 ONLY (1/3rd pint of oil to each gallon of gas) of TCW-3 or any good 2 cycle oil.