Engine stopped running, says fault in power

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICohen424

Cadet
8.2l Bravo III, was cruising at 40mph today when the port side engine came almost to a stop, was at below 1000 RPM, when trying to put it in Forward or Reverse there was some clunking until it finally just turned off. I limped home with one engine.
At home, I checked every fuse, checked spark, checked for gas at the Schrader valve (dont have a gauge so can't check pressure but it seemed sufficient), switched batteries between port/stbd... but just can't get the port side to start. I can hear the fuel pump prime, the starter has the engine rolling but it just wont start.
Any suggestions?
2019 Chaparral 347SSX

alldodge

Staff member
Need to start with motor serial number. Being a 2013 it might be a EC motor but may not

In most all cases were going to need what codes there are.

And this needs to be in the motor section VP or Merc

ICohen424

Cadet
2019. My SIMRAD screen only shows the low voltage error momentarily then goes away.
No fault continues in the memory anywhere.

alldodge

Staff member
ok, but still need to scan the motor for codes. A scanner is needed to find out why the motor will not start. If you hve something like Axis (still have not said which motor) and low voltage the motor will not start because the ECM doesn't know the location of the drive is

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,..... Cross postin' the same problem in various forums is frowned upon here at iboats,.....
You have a thread on this problem in the Merc I/O forum, so I'm lockin' this one,......

Status
Not open for further replies.