engine part numbers

427hawk

Seaman
hello all , i have a old 64 60hp v-4 evinrude , my question is when i am looking for parts such as carbkits , impeller and so forth i do not know the part number , my engine book does not list the part numbers , so when i go to a place such as i boats to look for parts i mostly have to take a guess, is there a site or a way i can find these part numbers ??? thanks !!!!

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: engine part numbers

In my limited expierence shopping for parts <br />Model and serial number of the motor have been the key to parts.Ive never been asked to supply a part number.For instance The impeller for your motor is 18-3005 at NAPA auto parts.And that was just using yr. and hp.<br /> If you want part numbers I think your best bet<br /> is a parts manual.Probably your best bet would be ebay, motor manuals both printed and CDs appear regularly.I think www.kencook.com has reprint parts manuals.but will be pricey.

bhalsdorf

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: engine part numbers

Model and Year usually works best. I have a parts manual for my 1958 Johnson 35 HP and it only lists individual part numbers. There are no kit numbers listed at all.