Engine light and beep

Jrshrpe

Recruit
Hi Y’all, I have a 2011 Larson 258 with the Volvo Penta 5.7 GIC. Started getting the eng indication and beeping about a min after getting on plane then eng reverts to safe mode. Temp, press all look good.
The port riser seemed a little hotter than the other but gauge temp was good around 165-170*.
No leaks or anything detected.
Any ideas???
The engine would run fine at idle. Only get the light and beep at higher RPMs.
I’m suspecting a temp sensor somewhere or maybe a slight blockage in the port riser or something down stream of the thermostat.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
One riser will always be hotter than the other.

In order to determine which sensor was causing this, you would have to disconnect the wire from one of them at a time and either ground it or keep it open, depending on how they work.

When was the last time you changed your water pump impeller?

Jrshrpe

Recruit
The impeller is new. But, wouldn’t a bad impeller cause the water temp gauge to show Hot?
The problem only occurs during higher power settings.

Jrshrpe

Recruit
I was thinking possibly it could be manifolds since they are original. Was hoping it is something less evasive. Maybe a bad sensor somewhere. There’s four O2 sensors and temp sensors. A code reader may help isolate the problem but that means mechanic fees.

larson260

Seaman
10 Years on manifolds and elbows is really exceeding the manufactures 5 year window. Are you in fresh or salt water? Do you have cats? Its not a bad idea to scan for codes. Lets us know what the out come is.

Jrshrpe

Recruit
Has been in salt for a couple years but thoroughly flushed after use.
It’s probably time to change manifolds.
I’ll keep you posted.