Engine Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiaxle

Recruit
I recently purchased a 1987 Model K200 Ltd Kayot deck boat with an OMC sterndrive and a GM 8-cyl engine.<br /><br />I'd like to get the exact identification of the engine & sterndrive for service parts, etc.<br /><br />I've talked with Kayot in Ft Wayne, IN, and they don't have any rcords back to 1987. I've also talked with a couple of local auto/engine repair shops, but they don't have marine engine info.<br /><br />The mfg stamped ID in the engine block is V0715CLH.<br /><br />An OMC label on the engine water jacket on the front of the engine shows Model 504APARY, serial #T1006372.<br /><br />An OMC label on the valve cover shows Model 984542, serial #T0529887.<br /><br />An OMC label on the steering block, behind the engine, shows Model 984757, serial #T0071708.<br /><br />Stamped into the flame retarder on top the carb is part number 981566.<br /><br />I'm looking for a source to ID the engine as well as a source for future service parts and repair info.<br /><br />Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!<br /><br /> :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.