Engine Fog

whatisup02

Cadet
How do you Fog your engine?

Plus if I do all my oil changes in the spring is that ok? Thats when I will pull the outdrive and do the water pump. I also have some small gel coat fixes to do.

I also need a service manual for a 1983 merc 140 and for the outdrive?

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant
Re: Engine Fog

Look in the sticky's at the top of the I/O forum...It has all the info you are requesting.

Bondo

Staff member

How do you Fog your engine?

Plus if I do all my oil changes in the spring is that ok? Thats when I will pull the outdrive and do the water pump. I also have some small gel coat fixes to do.

I also need a service manual for a 1983 merc 140 and for the outdrive?

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... I don't....

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Engine oil should be changed in the fall so it's clean to sit all winter. Drive oil, at least check it and make sure there is no water in it.
And pull the drive. You don't need water sitting in the bellows if it or the seal ring leaked.
If ok, just stick the drive back on for the winter and fix it all in the summer.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=178695

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Why leave acidic oil in your engine over winter? Change it in the fall, run it to circulate the new oil. No real need to fog the engine for a couple month layup. Six months or so makes it a little more of a reasonable thing to do.