Engine cutt-off switch

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Engine cutt-off switch

umm, from the description:

so it can be wired both ways

That's my understanding, never looked into how it was made, but all it would take is to move the plastic piece on the top where the lanyard was inserted. A regular ON/OFF toggle switch is ON in one direct and OFF in the other. Take a normal toggle switch and just move the plastic piece to the other side. You could also remove the switch and move it 180 degrees and the same would happen.

zippy83

Chief Petty Officer

That's my understanding, never looked into how it was made, but all it would take is to move the plastic piece on the top where the lanyard was inserted. A regular ON/OFF toggle switch is ON in one direct and OFF in the other. Take a normal toggle switch and just move the plastic piece to the other side. You could also remove the switch and move it 180 degrees and the same would happen.

Whis this being said am I still ok with using the one I originally orderd or return it and get the one you suggested?

alldodge

Staff member

Whis this being said am I still ok with using the one I originally orderd or return it and get the one you suggested?

Your OK if you picked up the one in post 14, the universal switch. It to can be used in normally open or closed. You want it to be open when the lanyard is installed.

zippy83

Chief Petty Officer

Your OK if you picked up the one in post 14, the universal switch. It to can be used in normally open or closed. You want it to be open when the lanyard is installed.

Sounds good. Thank you guys