email from AK Chappy ... in the heat. 3/8/06

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Got this email from AK Chappy today. <br /><br />Safe and Sound so far that is. <br />We travelled for 3.5 days continuously, including layovers. We only got one night (or should I say day, since it was from 0500-2100) to rest in a bed. The rest of the time was on a plane or in a terminal.<br /><br />It has taken me a couple of days to adjust to the time change, but not too bad. I guess staying awake for forever helps you sleep when you need it :) It is warm, only getting into the 90's during the day so far, lows in the high 70's. Supposed to be real hot by the time I leave though.<br /><br />All in all, things aren't too bad here. We have a small shopette (like a mini store, more than a Kwik-Stop, less than a Wal-Mart) so we can get our toiletry items and some other nice to haves. I have my laptop so I can watch movies in my tent area, we also have a small section setup with a TV, so it isn't too bad.<br /><br />We get dry cleaning of our uniforms, laundry soap to wash our PT gear, free food -- well that just means I don't have to pay cash for it :) -- free movies at the "theater", a 24 hour gym tent, The Community Center helps by having card nights, pool nights (nine ball tourney last night), and some other small items, so the base isn't that bad.<br /><br />There are four computers that have internet access to normally restricted sites. They don't connect to the base network. However, they are on dial-up and are very slow. We are limited to 15 minutes and it takes about 10 minutes for iboats to come up. This means I have to be choosy about which, if any, threads I will be responding to.<br /><br />I will still be lurking a bit though.<br /><br />Have an enjoyable Spring and get out on a boat for me.<br /><br />AK Chappy

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: email from AK Chappy ... in the heat. 3/8/06

Thanks roscoe for the update.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Thats great roscoe. :cool: <br /><br />Thanks for the update AK. I know your lurkin. :p

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Roscoe.<br /><br />Do you get time to do any work AK, what with that full social calendar, shopping trips, movies and time at the gym? :D <br /><br />Make sure you stay safe :)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by RPJS:<br />Do you get time to do any work AK, what with that full social calendar, shopping trips, movies and time at the gym? :D
I'll bet watching a movie in a hot tent feels like work! :( <br /><br />Peace brother.

Link

Rear Admiral

Thanks roscoe

LadyFish

Admiral

Great to hear from him, thanks for posting this. :)

Ron G

Commander

Thanks for the post,AK stay safe and drink pleanty of water.we do'nt wantcha drying up on us.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Thats a great post roscoe. Nice to hear from AK, post them as you get them. thanks again.

fireship1

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for posting that Roscoe. Chappy, stay safe. Come home soon. ;)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for the note AK and Roscoe.<br /><br />AK, I hear sand skiing is fun :p :p :D <br /><br />Stay safe man.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Don't thank me guys, AK is doing all the work.

fireship1

Chief Petty Officer

You helped him out by posting his letter. That deserves a thank you in my book. :)