ELECTRONICS BEACHCRAFT/OMC

GUMBY

Cadet
I HAVE A 1983 BEACHCRAFT WITH AN OMC MOTOR AND STERNDRIVE, I RE-DID THE MOTOR SEALS AND GASKETS AMONGST OTHER PARTS THE OIL SENDER.<br />WHEN I GOT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER, ALL THE INSTRUMENTS WORK FINE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE OIL PRESSURE GAUGE & THE FUEL GAUGE.<br />THE OIL IS READING AT IT'S MAX. PRESSURE, AND THE FUEL IS CONSTANTLY READING FULL IT NEVER GOES DOWN OR FLUCTUATES!!!<br />ANY IDEAS OF WHAT IT COULD BE???<br />PLEASE RESPOND!!!<br /><br />THANKS,<br />GUMBY<br /><br />------------------<br />BOB OTTAVIANO<br />GUMBY<br />408-499-1421 CELL PHONE

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: ELECTRONICS BEACHCRAFT/OMC

In both cases, your senders act as a rheostat...regulating the ground circuit as your 1) oil pressure increases 2) fuel level changes. I'd be suspect of the new oil pressure sender you installed. Disconnect the lead going to it and see if your gauge rests at zero. Maximum oil pressure reading indicates the sender is grounded. Perhaps the float in your fuel tank is stuck in the most upward position... <br /><br />Walt

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: ELECTRONICS BEACHCRAFT/OMC

you are posting all over the board & losing all your replies... I have answered most of them... check other posts & good luck tommorrow.<br /><br />fone_man