Electrical wires

Ok here is my question. Is there something i can do about corroding wires. Even after cleaning them they seem to rust very quickly. Can i change to a different kind of wire or do anything to the excisting ones? HELP i'm getting tired of this.

Stings

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Electrical wires

all my wires are copper. some of the connectors have some carbon in them so they will rust. you can buy stainless or coper connectors to fix any rusting.

qystan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Electrical wires

Once wires have started corroding, there's nothing much you can do. Cleaning them is only a temporary relieve, there's probably moisture in the core and has run up pretty far into the wire.<br /><br />Only thing you can do is to live with it or replace them. Use tinned wires and tinned terminal lugs. Don't use stainless steel, they are not good conductors, aluminium suffers worse corrosion, tinned copper is quite good.<br /><br />Apply a dab of silicone sealant to covers all of the exposed lug, terminal stud, stud nut and cut wire-insulation to seal out exposed parts of the wire where moisture can seep under the insulation or between contact surfaces.