electrical problems 1986 Four winns

richard99

Seaman Apprentice
Greetings, all - <br /><br />I've just finished restoration on a 1986 Four Winns Freedom 160. Except for one thing - the console electrics. Seems the genius who owned the boat before me went nuts trying to find power points to tap off of under the console. Consequently, my fuel gage is useless, there are no gauge lights, and other issues.<br />Does anyone have an idea where I might start looking for a schematic for this boat? <br />Thanks in advance!

pfistey1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: electrical problems 1986 Four winns

Hi Richard, I have the exact same boat, just got done with some cosmetic work myself. I too, purchased the boat from someone who created a birds nest under the console. I would be very interested to see what you find in the way of a schmatic. Please post what you come up with as I'll do the same. Thanks, Rich

richard99

Seaman Apprentice

Will do, Pfis...even if I can get a sense of what colors go to what, that would help a lot. I'll post as I learn.

pfistey1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just sent a request to Four Winns directly, I'll let you know what they say. I'm thinking of rewiring based on the current boating regulations. I don't know if it will exactly match Four Winns, but, it will be legal & safe.

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Take a look at the below link (scroll down to near the bottom of the page to see the color codes and usage):<br /><br />Boat Wiring Color Code & Usage<br /><br />Hope this helps; good luck.

pfistey1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

This is great information. Thanks Richard99 and pchonda.