ELECTRICAL POWER

MIKE COLLIER

Seaman Apprentice
I'm thinking the ignition switch is my problem but here goes. With a hot battery nothing works. Turn the switch, nothing happens. Turn the switch to start and nothing happens. Try the tilt switch and nothing happens. It's like my battery is dead. Is there another circuit breaker besides the 30 amp on the battery? No problem until I installed a new VST pump.......thanks

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Mike, if I am understanding you, it sounds like you installed a VST pump and now you have a "HOT" battery (not good) and nothing else is working now? If so, you have a dead shorted VST pump and it is literally cooking your battery. That will stop everything from working. I suggest you remove the wires going to the VST pump and see if the battery has any voltage ready. And if so, let it cool off and try recharging it. JMHO

MIKE COLLIER

Seaman Apprentice
I didn't make a clear statement about the battery. It's not temperature hot...........I meant it's full charged. A long ago I installed a new VST pump, got everything buttoned up and the "new" pump (not OEM) was faulty. This time before the cowling was back on I jumpered the pump and it's good

​The boat is a 2005, 21' Tracker Fishing Barge and the motor is a 2005 Mercury 60 hp four stroke. I'm 81 and have been using OMC's for a little more than 60 years and this Mercury is the first other brand I've had. Next motor will be an OMC if I live long enough.

Many thanks for your replies.................Mike