FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Just purchased a 30' tracker party hut! Anyone know of how much thrust this boat would need for an electric trolling motor? Also any suggestions on brands would be appreciated as well.
I used to own one of those 'sails' and I think I had something a little less than 100 lbs. It worked fine as long as the wind was not above about 10 knots.
by the time you add the weight and cost of the motor, two batteries(it will take a 24 volt rig) and the mount you could hang a small 8 or 9,9 kicker and hava a backup. Electric are marginal on smaller toons but a 30 is a lot for an electric to pull around
I've got a 74lb motorguide on my boat (24 ft) and it moves me at 4 mph. but I don't have near the sail area that you do. For me it's a good take home capability. I don't think it would work that well for you in any wind whatsosever.