electric fuel pump modification

Len_Rice

Cadet
AKRIVERRAT informed me of cg reg that states fuel pump shall not run unless motor cranking or running. excellent point. a point i didn't address regarding electric fuel pump mods from previous posts is to wire in an oil pressure switch through the wire firing the fuel pump relay. this way the pump cannot run unless the motor is cranking/running. the web site AKRIVERRAT referred me to looks good. Sorry for not mentioning this in previous posts. I've built big block mopars for years and woudn't dream of not having the oil oil pressure mod as described above. in fact, at the track, tech will often check for this.<br /><br />ps: the delemma of "marine" vs auto distributors was difficult in my case with the volvo aq 125. with no marine electronic unit available, i took great pains when i deleted the vaccum advance and fashioned an aluminum block of plate for the remaining hole. with an MSD box, trust me, i didnt want stray sparks!!<br /><br />as always, my best. thanks for the forum.<br /><br /> Len Rice MD