EFFENSCREENNAME CHECK IT OUT!!!!!

f_inscreenname

Commander
Re: EFFENSCREENNAME CHECK IT OUT!!!!!

DonziDave is the person who had one at one time. MadPoodle posted a picture and that is my boat. The other Nova (Wellcraft) is not nearly the same boat. Way to big. There is a connection between Holman/Moody and my boat makers http://allmandboats.com/club.htm John Allmand. They used there motors in all of John Allmand boats. Not saying that the Wellcraft didn't share some of the same lines but there is a lot different. Maybe they collaborated somewhere along the way. Allmand being the smaller of the two boat builders Maybe they bought there molds from Wellcraft and modified them for there use. I am going to see if I can get a hold of DonziDave and pick his brain. Maybe even find out where the boat went. Barry2000 on this board has one like mine but it has twin 302/Volvo 270’s. It isn't done yet but he is working on it. I will get back to you. Thanks

mercrewser

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nova marine is the orginal builder of your boat, they sold the molds to Allmand. Allan Brown designed it and I'm pretty sure he frequents the Offshoreonly board. The Wellcraft Nova is your boats big sister. All your info is with Allan "Brownie" Brown

mercrewser

Petty Officer 1st Class

Go tp Nada guiders for 1971 and youl see the Supernova 19

mercrewser

Petty Officer 1st Class

Go to Nada guides for 1971 and youll see the Supernova 19 under Nova Marine Corp. Your hull was a design of Allan Brown, (rigged Aranow's boats) and Billy Wishnick, a way cooler history than Allmand. In 1972, they sold there molds to Allmand and Wellcraft. Only Wellcraft was smart enough to see what a cool design the boats were and kept building them. That Nova 24 website has alot of info about Nova Marine.

f_inscreenname

Commander

As for Allmand being smart enough to keep building, there is many different stories on what happened to them. Some say bad book keeping some say drug running, who knows. My buddy Barry and I are working on it. We finally got the son (John Allmand’s) to give up a little info. It is like pulling teeth but he is coming around. For some reason he wants to distance himself from the past company. I wonder why:rolleyes:. I signed up on the board but for some reason it was all locked out for posting. I will try again today. Thanks for the info and I will get back to you when I know more.