edited

PW2

Commander
Re: edited

Someday I am going to learn what a liberal is. I always thought I knew some liberals, but I never recognize any of them that I know in these descriptions.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

trolling trolling trolling. I sure cant see any reason for this tread other than to start a war. I am a conservative and have a few friends on Iboats that are liberal. We get along just fine because we dont preach politics to one another and we dont nail one another with this type of crap. Man no wonder why people dont get along. If I was a liberal I would be steaming and Iboats would have to edit my harsh language. Maybe before posting stuff on Iboats the first thing you should ask yourself is "Will this hurt someone elses feelings". I dont know if you ever heard the expression that a hurt animal can turn mighty angry.

gaugeguy

Captain

Geez, I just re-read it and it is funny. H-U-M-O-R! If you thought it was in bad taste, sorry.

tylerin

Commander

I'm also a conservative and I also have friends here on iboats and one of them happends to be Gaugeguy and I can count the times he has trolled on my scrodum. (0-3 times). Many others here have trolled here more often. :mad:

gaugeguy

Captain

I would have guessed more than that. Seriously, it wasn't intended as a troll. I remember what America was like before RR, and how he changed it--and how many toes he stepped on. ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It was not a troll.<br />Just some things people can't except, and that's the truth.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

First i must address the "truth"...... Some people would'nt know the truth if it fell out of the sky, went "SPLAT" & landed on their face, and started to wiggle!......<br /><br />I read it before it was edited... Troll, no troll, I dunno, but definately bad timing...<br /><br /> At the proper time the joke would be funny, even to a dem, however it's obvious that some people have absolutely no respect for the dead president which they so admired....... The man ain't even in the ground yet....<br /><br />Much of Reagans politics did not sit well with me, but as a regular guy, he was a-ok in my book...

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good Grief! Sure is some very thin skin around here.

JB

Not the first time someone posted what seemed funny to them that turned out to be quite offensive to other members.<br /><br />You don't have to be trolling to make a mistake.<br /><br />Those who never made a mistake please continue posting.<br /><br />The rest of us. . . .let's let it rest. :)

PW2

Commander

To me, for what it is worth, it was no more nor less offensive than anything others have posted to attack pretend and made up so-called liberals.<br /><br />The only thing offensive to me about it is it does absolutely nothing to further any debate or any understanding of opposing points of view.<br /><br />Now I know it was supposed to be funny, but it is very difficult, and treads dangerous ground, to achieve humor when it is at the expense of any specific group of people, whomever that group happens to be.<br /><br />And I do agree with Snapper, for the most part. I thought RR was a fabulous public speaker, quick witted, and an extraordinarily elegant man. All wonderful qualities that we should expect in a president.<br /><br />He came in in very difficult times economically, and made some difficult choices, from some very difficult alternatives. <br /><br />I certainly did not like all of his policies, but I always thought he tried his best to keep the arguments about philosophy and policy, and did his best to not personalize the debate.<br /><br />It seemed to me that it was possible with RR to be a decent, patriotic American, and still disagree with him. That seems to be missing in this day and age, and it is, IMHO, a great loss.

JB

Never made a mistake, PW2?

ob

Admiral

This topic offers zero.I make a motion that it be deleted or locked. :eek:

moderator1

Lieutenant Commander

Motion seconded. This thread is locked. There are people commenting on something they have not seen. :confused: