Edit - Got with Snapper - Great time had!

aspeck

Staff member
Did go out yesterday and caught a few nice kings, a couple (3 1/2 and 4 foot) barracuda, and some bait. The most fun, though, was catching the blue runners for bait on ultra-light gear. Man, the action was fast and furious and they had a lot of spunk in them of 8 - 12 inch fish. We had fun.<br /><br />Now we just have to get together with Snapper! Maybe this weekend. Time will tell.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Edit - Got with Snapper - Great time had!

:) Very cool aspeck.<br /><br />Did you find a weed line for the Blue Runners?

aspeck

Staff member

We found them under a bankrupt cruise-booze-and loose ship that is anchored about 1/2 mile off the beach in about 25 feet of water. They were a blast to catch. Also picked up a remora (sp?) that was about 18 - 20 inches in the middle of the blue runners. That puppy fought like crazy.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I swear.. I think Aspeck put a hex on me!... :eek: :D <br /><br />Things that have happened since the Aspeck crew's been around...<br /><br />#1. Monday, it was the boat tranny... :( <br /><br />#2. The post office lost an important package (fishing reel).... :rolleyes: <br /><br />#3. This afternoon, the truck's battery dies... AND, sliced my finger while swapping batteries...... :mad: <br /><br />I'm wondering what's next?... :p <br /><br />In all seriousness.. I'm glad Aspeck and crew got out on the big pond a caught some fish... :) Got my fingers crossed in hopes that we'll get out on the drift boat on saturday.. :)

crab bait

Captain

how can ya 'cross-your-fingers'..?? <br /><br />cut,damaged & bandaged..?? :) ..<br /><br />you better go to DERWOODS alter an perform the ritual..!! you need it bad..!!

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Snapper <br /><br />Maybe your tryin to hard. :eek: <br /><br />Surely youve heard the saying <br />The faster I go, The behinder I get.<br /><br /> :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Ya-sir, Reel Poor... .. That's why I stopped today.... :D Figured maybe it'd all pass me up.....<br /><br />Got a charter in the AM... :) Now, pardon me whilst I go find that old thread for the proper and official Derwood's shaofin hex removal ritual..... :D

aspeck

Staff member

WOW! What a day! 3 sailfish in the boat (Snapper caught the biggest one). Had 2 on at one time at one point, but one of those got off. A couple nice kings, a bunch of nice bonito. Yea, it was a good day, we had a lot of fun, the shirts Snapper was making for me turned out real nice, and Snapper ain't so bad - for a south floridian! Yea, we had a good time and caught some nice fish!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Ya-sir!... I had a blast with you guys.... :D Art, you picked a goodun when you picked Capt. Rob...<br /><br />I bet Dex is already snoozing away, is'nt he?... Ladies and Gentlemen, Dex is the man!...He got quite the workout today... A 2 sailfish/kingfish/bonito catching fool, he is!... :D <br /><br />And how about Nate... Can that guy work a gaff or what!... :D Sure wish he would'a got that sail in... He done good, tho!.. :cool: Very well mannered young man... :) <br /><br />Thanks for the lunch too... It's on me next time..<br /><br />Boys, I'm whooped!.... :) <br />Hope we can do it again sometime...<br />Think I'll go take a snooze, if I can get the room to quit moving around...... :eek:

aspeck

Staff member

Snap, no, no one but Nate is asleep yet. Rest of us are heading to the beach for the last swim of the trip.

aspeck

Staff member

I think Capt Rob may be putting some pictures up of our fish at some point. He was a great Captain/Guide and says he is going to be checking out iBoats soon for some new gear. Once he gets our pics ready you can see them on his website. Capt. Rob's place