(edit) Chatroom set up-details are in post.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
<edit>well it's set up<br />you need MIRC or another chatroom program installed<br /><br /> When MIRC is installed click FILE then OPTIONS then CONNECT.<br /><br />IRC network needs to say ALL-the box under needs to say IRC.AFTERWORKCHAT.COM (you'll need to click ADD to add it)<br /><br />Once you get on the server type /join #iboats<br /> To register your nickname type /ns register <password> <email><br />To change nicknames type /nick <new nick><br /><br />The email addy doesn't need to be real btw.<br /><br />Once it's set up then all you'll need to do is open mirc and hit connect and it'll do it all for ya

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: (edit) Chatroom set up-details are in post.

There are already two chatrooms spun off by iboats members.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

fair enough-never seen them mentioned. :)

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Just start a Yahoo "Group".....we started one from our old high school daze, and its a daily fixture now...(ahhh, the memories and truths of old flames!)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Robby6950:<br /> Just start a Yahoo "Group".....we started one from our old high school daze, and its a daily fixture now...(ahhh, the memories and truths of old flames!)
Yea, I have an yahoo group for iboats members only. I started it in June 2003. It has 114 members, all iboats members.<br />If you want, here it is.<br /> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iboatsmembers/

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

We ought to start using the yahoo room again, SBN.. It was kinda fun not knowing when yahoo was gonna boot ya out.... :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> We ought to start using the yahoo room again, SBN.. It was kinda fun not knowing when yahoo was gonna boot ya out.... :D
I hear ya snapper :D . Hope all is well with you down there. Maybe Dennis is going west of you. :eek:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Yep.. Well west of here.. Just a little wind and a quick shower this morning taht did'nt hardly leave any puddles... Just enuff to get the humidity up to 1000%... lol..

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

There's a free IRC server I've used before for totalrock radio. It's not members only but it is free and a lot easier to use than yahoo. Just say the word and I'll set it up and post how to get there for those that haven't used IRC before.

eeboater

Commander

I think yahoo disabled user-created chat rooms. I read somewhere advertisers were pulling their accounts because people were complaining to them after they found out what was going on in most of the user-created rooms.<br /><br />Sean

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

well it's set up... server name is irc.afterworkchat.com<br /><br />Chatroom name is #iboats<br /><br />I'm in there at the moment. To register your nickname type /ns register <password> <email><br /><br />The email addy doesn't need to be real btw.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I tried it and got some German site ....

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

you need to go in via an IRC client or a java applet. you need MIRC or any other chatroom program installed.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

you can download mirc at<br /><br />www mirc.com/get.html <br /><br />(you'll have to type it in to IE as direct links aint allowed)

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I have MIRC... what server are you using?

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

server name is irc.afterworkchat.com

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Undernet, Starlink, Dalnet... what?

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

click FILE then OPTIONS then CONNECT.<br /><br />IRC network needs to say ALL-the box under needs to say IRC.AFTERWORKCHAT.COM (you'll need to click ADD to add it)<br /><br />Once you get on the server type /join #iboats