Ebbtide 170 XL manual

rdoty

Cadet
Just acquired a used Ebbtide 170 XL with plans to restore. Hull, motor and drive (Yamaha L4 3.0) seem to be in very good shape but the interior needs to be gutted. I was surprised at how deluxe the features are - not at all like the Crestline I just sold.

What I need now is an owners manual.

Also would like to hear from anybody who has experience with this boat.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Boat owners manuals dont really contain much (if any) helpful info beyond the most basic safety info, the front pointy end is the bow, the flat part out back w a motor is the transom and perhaps a few simple navigation markers & etc info.

Get a service manual for the 3.0L Yammy, it will be helpful.

What info were you hoping to find?

rdoty

Cadet
Mainly the electrical wiring and also an explanation of the throttle control. I've had other boats but bought this to restore. The hull and drive seem to be in excellent condition but I've gutted the interior and in process of replacing it. One very interesting observation is how they mounted the bolsters. There are screws through the ply and into the fiberglass wall but there are no holes through the vinyl or foam and it's very obvious that the upholstery was fixed to the ply before mounting. Magic? I'm an engineer and I still can't figure it out. There's an L4 3.0 service manual on Ebay that I think I'll buy.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Upholstery went in before upper & lower half of hull were joined. Lots of stuff was, easy access before.... Little to none (as you've found) after.