Ebay

FLATHEAD

Captain
I have been following some auctions for fishing lures as of late. I can not believe the prices the lures are bringing. I have seen at least 20 auctions end with the buyer paying more than you would if you went to the store and bought new :eek: It's not like this stuff is rare and can't be had at the bait shop or wally world. What gives?? Can people be that stupid?? I'm talking from a a dollar or two, to as much as ten to twenty percent above retail cost.<br /><br />I have seen bidding frenzy at estate auctions drive prices way over actual value of an item, but on ebay???

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Ebay

yep, I've noted that too. I do believe in some situations the item may not be available locally. <br /><br />Is likely that some bidders are very rural and do not have access to Gander Mountains and the like. <br /><br />This is why gun and shooters mail order houses like Midway and Brownell's are thriving. Can't get that stuff locally.<br /><br />As well, yep, auction fever is easy to catch.

18rabbit

Captain

I’ve noticed it to. Give it a little more time and I think we will start hearing rumblings about Ebay addictions. I don’t think it is entire unlike gambling in some aspects.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ebay can truely be a strange place. I've noticed this about a lot of things, not just fishing lures. I decided to sell some junk that was taking up room in my garage. I had a funky old Black & Decker corded drill that still worked. I finally sold it for about $35.00 on Ebay :eek: I fully disclosed the condition and the buyers were pleased as punch. The buyer lived in Malibu, so maybe he just didn't care. I don't get it.

LubeDude

Admiral

Ya, I know, Its completly nuts sometimes. Ive got 200 and some transactions on Ebay, I go there nearly every day and bid on something, I throw a low bid on something and see what happens, normally I loose, but occationally I get a really good deal. I always figure the shipping in also and I wont bid if the seller dosent devulge the shipping, I got took big time on that way back, never again! I had an old heater out of an electric firplace insert laying around, I put it on Ebay and devulged everything I could about condition and all expecting to get $10.00 for it, It brought $75.00 Go figure!

one more cast

Captain

If your like me the nearest store with a good selection of lures is about an 80 mile round trip.so i'm looking at a couple of hours and $5 worth of gas and chances are they won't have what I'm looking for so I would (but don't)pay a little more. As far as buying used stuff, that sounds like a good idea when you look at the quality of the new stuff I've been getting lately.