Ebay standard procedure

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
I dont ebay much but recently I put an item for auction.My payment procedure was contact me immediately at auctions end and payment 48hours.The auction ended Last Wednesday night and the winner did not contact me until Sunday after I sent him numerous emails and invoices.I assumed he turned his back on the auction and I left him neg feedback stating no contact after auctions end and no replies to emails.I did this Saturday at 6pm when I was closing the computer,before he finally decided to contact me.His only contact said"I mailed payment Sat morning" Monday he finds out about the feedback and now he is emailing me plenty.I tried every way to contact him and he did nothing until Sat late night.Did I do something wrong????I thought for sure he turned his back on the auction.I always acknowledge if I won an auction.Why would the knucklehead wait so long to contact me and then get mad .Charlie

bubbakat

Captain
Re: Ebay standard procedure

Let him stay mad until you have your money.<br />Then put in the feed back why you gave him a bad feedback.<br />He should have kept up with the rules.

ZmOz

Captain

Ebay rules allow 10 days for payment. The buyer should have contacted you earlier, but he doesn't have to. Expect negative feedback for yourself....

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

crazy charlie, I understand your situation, but ebayers really hate negative feedback, I have one from a guy who couldn't add 25 and 25 and come up with 50. But I think they have a procedure to remove negative feedback if both people agree to do this, remember some people depend on use of computers at libraries and other non-home locations so access isn't that easy or at any time, get your money and maybe help the guy if you can. :) Check this link to ebay,,,<br /><br /> http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/withdraw-feedback.html

Homerr

Commander

Personally, I do a 3 day rule:<br /><br />I attempt contact for 3 days only. If by the 3rd. day I still haven't received a response, I wait another day before I ding them. This also doesn't include weekends, since a lot of people only have computer access at work.<br /><br />A lot of that depends on their feedback too.<br />If their feedback is good, I'll assume they are just having difficulties like a computer problem, family matters, etc... It happens.<br /><br />If their feedback is already shaky, you could have a flake on your hands, and you must give them the negative, and prepare for retaliation.<br /><br />I've only had to go into mediation once to have the feedback removed. Not a big deal, but time consuming. It was more of a misunderstanding between parties.<br /><br />H.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You stated your expectation in the auction. He should have complied or not bid. I too get PO'ed when people don't acknowledge events on eBay. I get especially PO'ed when they don't acknowledge my payments.

Xcusme

Commander

I heard of a guy that got zinged on an auction. He claimed that Ebay has a time frame to post feedback, good or bad as the case may be. After that date , I think he said 60 days, you can't reply for you're side of the story. On the eleventh hour of the last day, he goes back and really blasts the other guy. The other fella couldn't post back an explaination, so it just sat there, looking like he didn't care about he bad rap. I guess some folks just can't get along!! :eek:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Sure, we all like to process ebay transactions right away, but it isn't going to happen. The internet, email, local isp's, and computers are breaking down too frequently. Not to mention that people get sick, go out of town, or have car trouble. <br /><br />I often get emails that were sent thru ebay, that are delayed for several days. You know, the "ask the seller a question" or "invoice to the buyer" type emails.<br /><br />The only way I know to get instant payment, is to have "Buy it Now" price which requires instant payment.<br /><br />If you really feel strongly about the buyer not following your rules, then return his payment when you receive it, and relist the item.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

I just know that when I win an auction,I am usually on the computer at the moment it ends and I take another second to email the seller a quick note like "looking forward to getting the item"etc..Just to let him know whats going on.Thats not too tough to do.I also email them when I have sent payment.I already had someone steal an auction and then not follow through.They didnt even contact me-they won and did nothing after that.I had to relist and pay ebay twice.Charlie

18rabbit

Captain

Charlie – Ebay works on “proxy” bidding specifically so that you, as the bidder, do not need to be actively involved in the bidding process. Bidders don’t have to be present at auctions close.<br /><br />I’m like you, I am watching the bidding of anything I am bidding on and immediately send notice at auction’s close, and payment if Paypal is available. I do not need to wait for shipping/handling info because that was established before I ever considered my bid amount.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I once asked a person not to ship something till a few days later, because I knew I would be out camping. They shiped it anyway. No big deal, fortunately the drugies that I use to live under were not paying attention to the package outside my door all weekend. Other than that, so far I have had great success. I usually am at the computer as well though. Because I bid on mageknight items and it's a competition at times to get a piece that's hot. Other than that, it's not my shopping center of choice.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

whatever happened to the customer is always right?<br />I think you jumped the gun charlie, could have been<br />a customer for life... u never know.

LubeDude

Admiral

I do a lot of Ebay stuff, both buying and selling, I have never left a negative feedback even though I could have. I will leave a less than wonderful possitive, Such as , "Buyer was a bit slow to pay, and comuncation lacked some". I also bid on something one time via a proxy bid and was called away due to family problems and wasnt able to get to the guy because I wasnt around a computer for about five days. Fortunatly he didnt leave me bad feedback as he just figured something came up because I had 100% Positive feedback and he cut me some slack. I think you jumped the gun.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

I guess jumping the gun is a matter of opinion but I will guarantee that this particular buyer will become a better ebayer and better communicator from now on.Charlie

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Sniping? I've never bid on ebay unless it's in the last 5 seconds, all that bidding just drives up the price. Since February 1999 I've lost one item I bid on. ;)