Ebay seller wont answer questions, whats my options

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
My wife bid on something (against my wishes :mad: ) and we won. We asked several questions while the auction was ongoing, never got an answer. After we won the auction, all we have received is invoices, no e-mail correspondence from the seller. I have e-mailed the seller both through ebay and straight to the e-mail address and still no response.<br /><br />After I won, I looked at the sellers feedback and a couple of months ago someone left negative saying they never received the item.<br /><br />I wont send payment until I get a human response. I sent the seller at least five e-mails stating this. It has been 3 days since the auction ended.<br /><br />Is there anyway I can get out of the bid in case they never answer?<br /><br />Ken

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Ebay seller wont answer questions, whats my options

Bummer! Don't have a good answer for you - crummy situation.<br /><br />Let us know how it comes out.

SoulWinner

Commander

Ken,<br /><br />Go here:<br /><br /> ebay dispute page <br /><br />Plus, don't forget to check your email spam filter. The guy might be replying to you, but your spam filter may be filtering his email. I wish you the best with it buddy.

SoulWinner

Commander

Hey, it looks like my avatar is dancing to your COW BELL!!!! Flippin' SWEET!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

why bid when he didn't reply to questions???<br /><br />send a certified letter if it's expensive item<br />and go from there...

Ralph 123

Captain

You guys are so easily amused (me too :D )<br /><br />Leave a VM Ken. Spam filtering on the buyers end (yours) often keep replies from being received. Also, check your registered eBay email address and make sure it's current. You'd be surprised how many buyers have old email address on file and never receive their responses. At least 25% of buyers have different email address for eBay and their paypal account as well. It's a real mess sometimes! I wind up having to send replies to 3 different email address to make sure people get responses.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

You can obtain his info and telephone number he is registered under if you ask for it from E-bay. It is because you have won the auction.<br /><br /><br />Get the person on the telephone before you pay.<br /><br />Bob

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Thanks soul winner, throught that link it directed me how to get the sellers phone. It was a cell phone, and no answer, but the voice mail name matched the sellers first name.<br /><br />I'll try to call her again.<br /><br />I have checked the spam and nothing. I sent her the messages through ebay, so it shouldnt be filtered. The invoices from the seller come through ebay, and they have a space where they can answer questions, but it is always empty.<br /><br />Ken

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> why bid when he didn't reply to questions???<br /><br />
Perhaps you can ask my wife that question and get a better answer than I did. :mad: <br /><br />She is still learning.<br /><br />Ken

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> Hey, it looks like my avatar is dancing to your COW BELL!!!! Flippin' SWEET!
Ya know Napoleon really prefers dancing to the cowbell.<br /><br />Ken

one more cast

Captain

dynamite.gif
more%20cowbell.gif
:D :D

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

Get down!!! :D :D :D :D :D <br /><br />(I'm a bass player!)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Be patient, its only been 3 days, stuff happens.<br />I know we would all like to get these things taken care of within a day, but just doesn't happen all the time.<br /><br />Dont send payment, don't worry about negative feedback, your reason is legit.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

MY advice... <br />"if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"