ebay-paypal scam

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class
just a quick warning to all especially uk users that I got several emails from paypal telling me my account was under investigation and i was to click on the link and imput all my details into the boxs .this was a "phishing" email to gain my details and empty my account ,paypal are investigating!!hahaha so beware! i am sure you are all savy enough not to be caught!

rwise

Captain
Re: ebay-paypal scam

ebay and paypal never send that kind of email! I get them all the time, and got tired of turning them in to almost instantly get another!

K5WAS

Seaman

I received one a few weeks ago. It looked fishy so I sent it to Ebay and got the reply that they turned it over to the authorities. Beware!!

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Cheers for that Dave: I've had a few of those phishing emails. Just bin them now, got fed up sending them to ebay.

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

I click on the e-mail's link and fill out the blanks with some choice opinions of their scam.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Not a good idea gspig.Their info harvester robot will need less than a second to reap every last bit of unprotected info on your box.The moment you open that link the robot kicks in.